Stay tuned for information on the 2018 award submission deadline! In the meantime, we encourage you to review the award guidelines as outlined below.
- All papers must be submitted in English.
- The body of the papers should not exceed 30 pages in length, excluding any footnotes, endnotes or bibliography.
- Papers should be submitted with a cover page including the paper title, date of submission; full name of author(s); and 100-250 work abstract summarizing the argument, how it fits into a wider literature, and its relevance to the IRRC Institute Research Award objective.
- The paper should include a 100-250 biographical sketch of the author(s) following the body of the paper.
- Papers should be standard 8.5×11 inch format and submitted using 12 point Times New Roman font, with 1 inch margins (top, bottom, left and right), and single spaced.
- The bottom right of each page should include the page number and title of paper.
Once submitted, judges will utilize the following criteria to review and assess each paper:
- Innovation. Does the paper add to the collective knowledge base, either through increased empirical research and/or through innovative theoretical construct?
- Relevance. Does the paper have relevance to the objective of the award?
- Clarity. Are the ideas in the paper clearly expressed?
Please note that the selection of winners, if any, is at the sole discretion of the IRRC Institute. The IRRC Institute fully anticipates awarding two prizes, but reserves the right to select no papers as winners for either or both categories (academic and practitioner) in the event papers submitted do not meet the above guidelines and/or if the judges do not believe any paper is worthy of the award in either category.
- April 2017: Sixth Annual Award Process Begins
- October 6, 2017: Submission Deadline for Papers
- October – November 2017: Judges Review Papers, Select Winner
- December 2017: Announcement of Winners, Award of Prize, Publication of Papers