Please note that IRRCi is scheduled to dissolve by December 31, 2018. The John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware will take over the award beginning in 2019, as well as sustain access to the full body of IRRCi research.
In the meantime, below is information for practitioners and academics on past award guidelines. Please note that this guidance may change for 2019.
- All papers must be submitted in English.
- The body of the papers should not exceed 30 pages in length, excluding any footnotes, endnotes or bibliography.
- Papers should be submitted with a cover page including the paper title, date of submission; full name of author(s); and 100-250 work abstract summarizing the argument, how it fits into a wider literature, and its relevance to the award objective.
- The paper should include a 100-250 biographical sketch of the author(s) following the body of the paper.
- Papers should be standard 8.5×11 inch format and submitted using 12 point Times New Roman font, with 1 inch margins (top, bottom, left and right), and single spaced.
- The bottom right of each page should include the page number and title of paper.
Once submitted, judges will utilize the following criteria to review and assess each paper:
- Innovation. Does the paper add to the collective knowledge base, either through increased empirical research and/or through innovative theoretical construct?
- Relevance. Does the paper have relevance to the objective of the award?
- Clarity. Are the ideas in the paper clearly expressed?
Please note that the selection of past winners has been at the sole discretion of the IRRC Institute. The IRRC Institute has reserved the right to select no papers as winners for either or both categories (academic and practitioner) in the event papers submitted do not meet the above guidelines and/or if the judges do not believe any paper is worthy of the award in either category.
- May: Annual Award Process Begins
- October: Submission Deadline for Papers
- October – November: Judges Review Papers, Select Winner
- December: Announcement of Winners, Award of Prize, Publication of Papers