We are pleased to hold the fourth annual IRRCi Research Award competition seeking innovative research that examines the interaction between the real economy and investment theory.
Two research papers – one academic and one practitioner – each will receive the 2015 IRRCi Research Award along with a $10,000 award1. The winning papers will also be presented at the December 9, 2015, forum at the Columbia University Millstein Center for Global Markets and Corporate Governance Forum in New York, NY.
The panel of judges includes:
- Mark Anson, Chief Investment Officer, Acadia Investment Management
- Collette Chilton, Chief Investment Officer, Williams College
- Robert Dannhauser, Head of Capital Markets Policy, CFA Institute
- James Hawley, Professor & Director, Elfenworks Center for Fiduciary Capitalism, Saint Mary’s College of California
- Robert Jackson, Jr., Professor of Law and Faculty Co-Director, Ira M. Millstein Center for Global Markets and Corporate Governance at Columbia Law School
- Nell Minow, Governance Expert and Columnist, Huffington Post
Biographies of the judges are available here.
This research competition has rapidly become a prominent award garnering significant attention amongst the investment community, academia and policymakers. It highlights innovative research focused on the nexus between real world economy activity and investment theory. Last year, the winning research was covered by major media outlets including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and CNBC
1$10,000 is awarded for each winning paper. If there are multiple authors, the award will be divided evenly between each author. Each award recipient is fully responsible for all applicable taxes.